Thursday, November 03, 2005

a new idea...

I think that I have an idea for a new novel. If you didn't know, I have written 224 pages of a book called My New Life. The name seems odd to everyone but me, because the novel is not written in first person(using I, me, etc.). The book is written in third person. ANYWAY... I wanted to put this post up, because I want to remember how this idea started: I was walking out of PE, and I thought about the book, the prince and the pauper. I thought that it would be cool to remake the book with some twists. The idea of two worlds colliding is truly classic. But I have an idea that would add a modern twist to this classic idea. The book would take place in 3000 AD. There would be a boy who is extremely wealthy and powerful. He has it all because his father invented the XL5000(X-treme Learner 5000) which eliminates the idea of school. Instead, all of the knowledge that the world contains is be copied into your brain in a matter of seconds. This boy's mother mysteriously died, but no one can figure out why. There is another boy. He is working class. His dad works for the rich kid's dad. At a comany picnic, the two boys meet and become friends. When Mike's dad has John's dad over for dinner, the two men recognize eachother, and leave. They scold their sons for talking with 'scum', so the kids decide to switch places. This is going to be a great book! I just have to make time for it. As usual, with big projects of any kind, I will work on this over the weekend. I think that it is a good idea, but I'm not sure that I have the time to make it a reality. It's lucky that i have had enough time to type this post.

No comments: