Monday, March 03, 2008

More Computer Trouble

I am having more trouble. Now the computer charger just gave out. I’m out of a computer for like a week. That’s bad because I completely lose touch with the world! News, weather, stocks; everything is on the computer. The good part of this catastrophe is that I’ll have plenty of time to write posts. I’m going to be writing a big list of things that I plan to write about. Anyway, I went to the Apple store at Partridge Creek. They told me that it was the LogicBoard. That’s Applespeak for the motherboard. When I asked how much it would be to fix, they told me that it would be $560. Then I asked how much it would probably sell for on eBay, she said it would probably fetch around $500. What I plan to do, is spend the $80 to get a new charger, and then sell it on eBay. It should fetch a lot of money. I’m hoping for at least $700 because I’m bundling Microsoft Office and some Adobe programs with it. The whole package(bundled software plus the computer) is probably worth somewhere between $900 and $1000. That plus some of my savings will allow me to purchase a MacBook or even a Macbook Pro! I would be able to get a fully loaded MacBook or a well equipped MacBook Pro for that price. I think what I plan to do is certainly sell my laptop, and purchase a new 15” MacBook Pro. I don’t think that I can afford the 17”, but I would absolutely love to have one. I was also thinking about getting a job to help replenish my savings.

No comments: