Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Review of Meet The Spartans

I went to go see Meet The Spartans last Friday, and I thought that it would be fun to write a post reviewing it. I have to be perfectly honest, I didn't have high expectations going into the movie. Pete actually talked me into seeing the movie. Do you remember Epic Movie? It came out in 2007 and basically parodied all of the major movies of 2006. Meet The Spartans is by the same people, and it's a parody of all of the major movies of 2007. A lot of Hollywood considers that type of movie to be trashy, but the rest of the country doesn't seeing as Epic Movie did well in the box office, and so far Meet The Spartans has been doing well. Meet The Spartans is mostly a parody of the movie 300, but they also make fun of the new Grand Theft Auto video-game, NBC's Deal or No Deal TV show, Borat and others. I have to say that I recommend it to people that have a relatively open mind. It has a lot of vulgarities. I would also recommend it to people that love comedy. It was definitely very funny! The only thing that I didn't like was the theatre experience. When I usually go to the theatre, I am able to watch the movie, because the other patrons are usually respectful and quiet, but unfortunately this wasn't the case at Meet The Spartans.

No comments: