Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hi guys. I wanted to keep writing despite problems with my internet connection. There are some neat things that I would certainly like to comment about. Principal Diver has just started his own blog. I don't want to take credit I don't deserve, but I thought that it might have something to do with the article about my blog in the school paper. I also wanted to write a small rant about something in school. In our school, there are a lot of fundraisers that help to generate money for school activities. I like to support these fundraisers, and I bought a GPS towel in a fundraiser for the girls' tennis team. I paid $3 so I'm not saying that I expect a big beach towel, however, I do expect a quality product. With that being said, I would like to explain my complaint. The towel that i got was a very flimsy washcloth-like towel that began to unravel in my hands. I didn't complain because the point of this was to raise money for a school sport, but I was also disappointed because the South logo seemed to be PAINED on! When I ran my fingers across the towel, the texture changed when I got the painted area. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I haven't complained to the people because it's not that big of a deal but I just wanted to get my feelings out.
Here's something funny: The school blocked Principal Diver's blog. It seems pretty funny that it's blocked, and I'm sure that Mr. Diver is working to get that issue resolved. I'm hoping that they unblock all of blogger.com so that people can see my blog from school and I can post during my lunch hour.
On an unrelated note, I have midterms next week. I'm pretty ready for them. Both math teachers are allowing me to use a two sided notecard. I anticipate the toughest exam to be Spanish 1. Sentence composition can be very difficult for me sometimes. I also need to get a new Algebra 2 notebook for second semester because my first semester notebook has been completely filled up. I also need to clear out my Spanish binder so that I can get plenty of room for the next semester. My other exams should be much easier that Spanish because in American Literature, we are taking a multiple choice test, which cannot possibly be too difficult. In second hour I have debate. We are watching a movie and analyzing it. Third hour I have Algebra 2 and we have a multiple choice test. The best part is that I get to use a 2 sided notecard for the exam in that class. For fourth hour, I have Geometry and I will get to use a notecard for that as well. Fifth hour is Spanish and I told you how that's going to go. Sixth hour I have Geography and World Affairs which should not be a challenge at all. US History is 7th hour and that couldn't be any easier. He is letting us use a notecard, but I don't really see why. I haven't really learned anything in that class. Mr. Hepner has gone over a lot of information, but generally I know all of the information that he covers.
Today in school something funny happened in Spanish class. There is this dumb jock in my class. Well we were doing a practice test to prepare for the final exam. Well this kid obviously isn't exactly the smartest kid in the world. I saw him copying off of a freshman's work. It was actually kind of amusing.
I definitely think this post is the longest post that I have written to date, and I want it to end here.

No comments: