Wednesday, September 01, 2010

So a followup on Apple's iPod press conference.  They have made huge changes to the iPod lineup.  The iPod nano is now a miniature version of the iPod Touch without the apps.  The iPod touch has new internal hardware based off of the Apple A4 architecture that is powering the iPhone and the iPad.  The iPod shuffle is now smaller and has a nicer form factor.  The only iPod that was unchanged is the iPod classic which remains at 160 gigs.  I wish that they would drop the iPod classic and instead upgrade the memory on the iPod Touch to 128 gigs as the top of the line, 64 gigs as the medium offering and 32 gigs as the minimum offering.  They could eve upgrade the iPod Touch to 256 gigs.  That's the highest amount of memory that can be put on a USB flash drive at the this time.  Of course in the future, this will increase, but honestly, if I were Apple, I would really want to be pushing more memory into that thing.  Right now Apple is trying to keep the price as low as possible while making the device as fast as possible, but I really think that it despirately needs a memory upgrade.
There is also a new Apple TV.  Of course this one doesn't have a hard drive.  In my book, having a device that does nothing but stream off the internet really isn't worth buying.  I want to be able to download the content onto my device and keep it forever instead of having to have working internet to view the content even though I purchased it.  Anyway, I'm going to wrap this one up.  Talk to you later.

No comments: