Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Trip to the country

So I have been bugging my parents for a while now to take me to Cook's Dairy Farm in Ortonville, MI.  Since I don't drive as I'm sure you know, I rely on family and friends to take me places.  It's annoying but as the French say "C'est la vie!".  I asked my mom if I we could go to both Cook's and an apple orchard that I had found, and naturally she said pick one or the other, so I picked Cook's.  The reason is that there is an apple orchard just one mile from Cook's, so we were able to go to both.  The apple orchard that I originally picked to go to was something like 20 miles away.  I'm pretty happy that I was able to find this one.

So after we went to Cook's we stopped by the apple orchard which was a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, it started to rain while we were inside the apple orchard(Ashton's).  When it was time to go, we scurried to the car and began to leave.  I remember having heard about a berry farm nearby so I inquired about one.  I was told that it was called Middleton's and it was just a few miles away.

I got directions, and we headed off.  We drove for a few miles, and then we weren't sure where to go because the directions that the lady in Ashton's weren't totally clear.  Since my dad's Buick Lucerne is equipped with OnStar, we hit the blue OnStar button and I told the advisor that we were looking for a berry farm in the area.  He asked if I had the name of it.  I told him that I couldn't remember the name.  He told us that we were literally right next to it.

Stay tuned for part two of this story tomorrow.

No comments: