Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update on my Co-op Job

Hey guys.  I'm writing because I want to give you all an update on my job at the Grosse Pointe News.  I'm having so much fun working there.  I am surrounded by fun, engaging and interesting people.  Everyone is totally professional, which is a welcome change from daily life in high school.  It's just wonderful to have a drama free spot where I can just chill out and work peacefully.  As Spring rolls around, I am enjoying the Grosse Pointe News more and more because of the ease of getting here from school.  I really enjoy walking here from 6th Hour.  It's really very quiet and peaceful.  The walk is also somewhat brief, so I don't have to be out for too long if the weather gets chilly.  I did not enjoy the walk during the winter because it was VERY chilly, and the wind just exacerbated the problem.
When I get to work there is always something to be done.  For example today I have updated the calendar with most of the events happening in the Shores park through 2010.  Tomorrow, I will complete the task which, at first, seemed to be a quite daunting task.  Also today, I gave a list of addresses and telephone numbers for local municipalities to my boss, thinking that he might want them for an easy reference guide.  I need to access that information everyday, so I took the initiative to compile it into a list.  My boss loved it and asked me to expand on it.  He asked me to get web addresses, and telephone numbers of specific people within the city governments.  He said that the list would then be distributed to employees as a handy reference guide.  There's always something to do, and I just love it.  I'll have to catch you later!

No comments: