Friday, August 17, 2007

Vacation day 1

Hey everyone. I'm on vacation as I write this. No, I'm not a posh resort or on a relaxing cruise... I'm in Harbor Springs. I wish you all could see me right now. We're at the Birchwood Inn. It's a motel-type place. We got a two room suite. It's nice, because I get my own room, and Lizzie, mom, and dad share the other. I gave up the luxury of a good night's sleep. The bed is an ancient futon that is just terrible to sleep on. But I digress. I wanted to tell you all that I'm having a wonderful time right now. Because it's so late, I'm locked out of the main building, and I am right outside, so I can get the wifi to post this. I have been to Turkey's a local restaurant. They do breakfast, lunch and dinner but it's not like a typical restaurant. They have very friendly staff. I was chatting with one of the employees, who goes to the local high school Harbor Springs High, or just Harbor High. Anyway, they have like 300 kids in their entire high school. We have 300 in our grade! I want to talk about Harbor. When I asked the girl what there is to do up here, she said nothing. I thought, wow nothing on Grosse Pointe either. She apparently goes to Petoskey, a neighboring city. Petoskey has a theatre, so naturally, it is more interesting. Because I'm not publishing this post immediately, I would like to say it's 11:59:54 PM on Thursday. Anyway I would like to say that I'm having a good time here.

No comments: