Monday, July 23, 2007

My Time Filming Literally

Just in case you didn't read the previous post I wrote before the filming, Literally is a biblical satire about a guy that convinces a group of churchgoers to take the bible literally. Anyway I was an extra. It was so much fun. We filmed in downtown Detroit near the Wayne State University campus. The filming was a lot of fun, but I had to sit in a church pew for like three hours watching the same two scenes being practiced and then filmed over and over again. It was very educational though because I learned all about how the movies are filmed. I was sitting behind some of the speaking parts, so I'm sure that I will end up in the final cut of the movie. I am so excited because I will get to go to a special cast/crew screening, and I'll get a free copy of the film on DVD. I also got to meet a bunch of cool people. I met Chloe Greenfield and her mom. You might or might not recognize Chloe from the movie 8 Mile. She played Eminem's daughter. You might have also recognized her from the TV show ER. She plays John Stamos's daughter. To be honest, when I saw her on the cast list, and saw that she did all of those major parts, I expected her to be your stereotypical spoiled child star. Instead I was surprised to find out that she was an unspoiled, regular girl. Her mom was so funny too. They were both very nice, and I look forward to seeing the entire cast and crew again at the screening.

No comments: