Monday, March 20, 2006

Stereotype Lecture

Today, South had a speaker come in and talk about stereotypes. I'm not going to use that word again, because it's so long. :) It was fun. There was one topic that I would like to mention. He talked about black people being steriotypical against whites. I thought that this was significant, because I know someone who is African-American, and he says that all white people are racist. I am not saying that all black people say that, but Ime(that's the kid's name) is being racist be saying that all white people are racist. He is also being prejudice. In our society, a black comedian can talk about all white people, and get away with making prejusice statements again white people. If a white comedian trys to do the same, they will be deemed "racist". I find that interesting, because you would normally think that black people are just victoms of racism, but the speaker tells us that they are also helping in the effort of racism. It's very bad, and I know that I am touching on a very sensitive subject, but I do want to say this, and I will say this, because I am hereby excersizing my freedom of speech.

No comments: