Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Making a cooler blog

I have recently been looking at ways to make this blog more fun for readers. I have found a lot of ways. They are not all easy, but I have made efforts to get some of the cool services that I found on my blog. I want the three of you out here reading this blog that I really like this blog, and I have put a good amount of time into this. I really love hearing from readers (billhonlinejournal@gmail.com). I also have an RSS feed which makes it easier for you as the reader to view my site. RSS (really simple syndication) allows the reader to read new articles even when they are offline. As soon as you go online, your RSS program automatically downloads the latest articles from any website that has RSS. Note: to get it to download, you have to bookmark the rss feed. Just like you do any other bookmark. As you might imagine, it was an instant hit with news readers, and news papers. I read the New York Times aritcles for tommorrow's newspaper at six o'clock. Anyway... I have also experimented with reader polls. I have put some polls on my multimedia blog. The readers can vote, and view the results of the votes. It is pretty cool. Also, I have found a new and cool way to get the new articles to my readers if they don't like RSS. I have setup a way that you can subscribe to my blog, and everytime that I write a new post, you get the new post emailed to you. Cool, huh? I think so. I have really gone out of my way to find and deliver these services for my readers. I hope that you all take advantage of these different services that I have gone out of my way to bring out to you. That's all for now, folks. Happy Reading, and good night.

No comments: