Sunday, September 04, 2005

Heading Upnorth

As I type this post, me and my family are driving up to Harbor SSprings for our annual vacation up north. My sister is sitting right next to me listening to her iPod Mini. My dad is driving, and my mom is resting. I have been keeping a watchful eye on my laptop's battery. I love the Mac, partially because of the battery life. Apple claims that my battery will last 4 hours at most, so I was questioning the battery gauge as I left the house. It said nine hours. Here I am six hours later. I have already outlasted Apple's maximum rating in their tests, but I still have 50 percent of my battery left. I am totally baffled about this. When I first opened up my laptop the battery gauge said I would have 288 hours. Even after this success, I know that 288 hours is not even possible. It only showed 288 for about half of a second before changing to 6 hours. I have also been powering my sister's iPod which has also been going on continously. We are probably 1/3 of the way there which means that it will be about 3 or four hours until we get there. I am really excited to go on this vacation. I love Harbor Springs, Michigan. We usually stay at my grandmother's house, but this year we won't. It will be great to get up there. The Harbor Springs marina has WiFi(WiFi is wireless internet), so I can keep posting my thoughts while on vacation.

No comments: