Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The War in Iraq

This war in Iraq has been a very sad war from day one. Some say that we should not go to war with Iraq, because of our growing dependence on their oil. They say that oil prices will just continue to rise until the war is over. Others argue that if we do not take out Saddam's forces, we will have big problems in the Middle East.

I have many opinions on this topic. I believe that oil prices will go up while we are at war, but I also believe that if we do not take out Saddam's forces, we will have big problems in the Midde East.

You've seen it on TV,read about it in magizines, but you don't really know the 'full story'. You know it from the view of the press. The press, recently, has been covering a lot of the fighting, killing, and violence, but just imagine how it must feel to be a civilian in Iraq.

You may wonder,"Why has this site gone to the news junkies?" Don't worry: It hasn't. I am just trying to cover the big things in my life. When there aren't any or I feel that I should address a specific issue or issues, I will.

No comments: