Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Death

Hey guys.  It's me.  I keep thinking abou tmy grandmother.  I know that when she died, she couldn't feel anything, but I still feel so saddened by the events of last week.  My grandmother had Alzheimer's Disease, which slowly causes the patient to forget everything.  Then she died, she was at a stage where she couldn't remember me or my mom.  It is so upsetting because it was so tragic and unexpected.  It's hard to write this post because memories just keep rushing back.  Anyway I hope that you had a better week than me.  Today was the Junior class spirit day, but I wasn't really feeling it.  By the way this entire week is Spirit Week.  On Friday there is the big Varsity Football Homecoming Game, and Saturday is the Homecoming Dance.  I'll write more about that later but right now, I'd like to share a moment of silence in commemoration of my grandmother's life.  I hope that you paused to think about your own family and reminisce about special memories.  Anyway, my family is hosting a celebration of life in honor of my grandmother.  She once told me that when she died, she didn't want a funeral.  Instead, she wanted us to "take the money and throw a party".  She told me that in her kitchen one night when I was staying there.  Well, I had better go.  Remember how fragile life is and that anyone's life can be taken away from them at any moment.
PS:  THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED LAST MONDAY OCTOBER 8, but I never got the time to type and publish it.

No comments: