Tuesday, December 08, 2009

December 11 party

Well, my dad hasn't really been in a good mood recently.  I'm not sure why.  I've noticed it for about a week now.  There is a December 11th swim team party that my parents are hosting for the holidays, but at this point I'm really not sure if I want to go to it.  I'm not sure that my dad is capable of behaving civilized right now.  I have a feeling that he's going to blow up about something at the party, and I'm afraid that if I go, he'll expect me to be the one cleaning dishes while he socializes and talks about how much time he spent preparing for the party.  I only say that because it's what happened last year.  And when I tell him that I am a guest not the host, he say yes you are not the host.  I'll then point out that it is the host's responsibility to clean up after the guests in a situation like this and he'll get angry.  I know that he's going to blow up about something, so to avoid the stress of the pending affair, I'm hereby choosing to avoid it entirely.

No comments: