Sunday, April 05, 2009

Some Thoughts About the W.

I've spent a lot of time lately thinking about George W. Bush's tenure in the White House, and I'm beginning to think that perhaps we may have misjudged him.  Even the biggest fan of Bush will tell you that he made many mistakes during his presidency, but what went on behind the scenes?  As the President of the United States of America, he was informed of security risks that we were not.  What if all of the protections and "limitations of freedom" had a useful purpose instead of just being unnecessary tools of dominance imposed upon us by a supposedly power-hungry administration?  Is it possible that we are not seeing the big picture?  I'm not saying that I'm a fan of the W., but I'm simply suggesting that we may have imposed judgment on the President without being informed of all of the facts.  Now that he is out of office, he plans to write a book about the twelve toughest decisions that he had to make as president.  I plan to read the book whenever it comes out because I want to know why he did some of the unusual things that he did during his eight year presidency.

No comments: